Monday 20 October 2014

Bath - A Place to wash worries away. Serenity.



I love a bath. I really do. When I was pregnant, I basically became a mermaid (although I probably resembled a whale!) and literally would bathe twice a day. It helped me relax, took the pressure off my poor legs and for some reason, Darcy would suddenly wake up and wriggle around. It was wonderful! Unfortunately due to poor health at the end of my pregnancy, I wasn't allowed a water birth but I hear they are euphoric!

I've always found that good quality bath products, have the ability to make you feel that you are pampering yourself. I remember when I was younger, my Mum would always have this strange Avon bubble bath. I hated it. The smell was strange, the bubbles were miniscule and the bottle was so unappealing. 

Now, let's be frank here. When you become a mother there really isn't such a thing as a private, relaxing bath. You'll get knocks on the door (from my stepdaughter) and Darcy kicking off at the top of her lungs as she wants feeding. Then we have my other half, who feels its a great time to stroll in, start the most random of conversations and open all the windows. I've now learnt to lock the door and ensure my fellow home-dwellers have all emptied their bladders beforehand! 

It's taken us 6 months but we finally have a good bedtime routine where Darcy is in bed by 6:30pm. After she has settled down for definite, I take this time to tidy the house and then treat myself to my favourite activity, a nice hot bath with lots of bubbles and and occasional glass of wine.

There isn't much else in the world that relaxes me like a good bath. I had got into a habit of taking my phone in with me however, I'm realising more and more how addictive phones are. It's always good to take a break and for me, a good book will suffice. My current book of choice is The Man in The High Castle by Philip K. Dick. I will review this on a separate post.

I have found the following information on the health benefits of having a good, old fashioned bath.

Having a bath can;
- Boost brain power.
- Relieve stress.
- Aid sleep.
- Fight cold symptoms (with steam.)
- Eliminate tension held in your neck and shoulders. 

My reasons for doing this post it to encourage you, dear reader, to take the time for yourself to relax and pamper yourself with some nice bath products. Next I will be doing a post on a new Zoella Beauty bath product I purchased, which arrived today. I want to test it tonight and will let you know how I got on! For those of you who don't know Zoella Beauty, it's a new brand of beauty products released by a very popular youtuber/blogger, Zoe - http://www.zoella.co.uk/

Come back soon!

Love Marissa and Darcy







No comments:

Post a Comment